Develop skills through rigorous academic studies and production work, such as designing mainstage productions and directing full-length shows.
- There is no freshman freeze. Students perform in productions as early as their first semesters.
- Audition for and earn scholarship money to study theatre at Culver-Stockton.
- Get involved in five annual mainstage productions, at least one being a musical, and more than six student-directed one-act plays each year.
- Travel with the department to the Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival (KCACTF) every year, or travel with the many experiential courses that are offered.
- Design mainstage productions in all areas and Dramaturg or stage manage productions.
- Work with a professional actor in the annual Guest Artist production and take Master Classes taught by professionals.
- Work-study in scene, costume, lighting and sound shops and intern at summer theatres.
- Fine Arts facilities include Alexander Campbell Auditorium, Mabee Art Gallery, Mabee Little Theatre, Merillat Recital Hall, a Multi-Media Recording Studio and Photography Studio.
Other Fine Art Opportunities
Haidee Heaton, Associate Professor of Theatre
Ph: (573) 288-6434
CLICK HERE to download this major's Fact Sheet for more information.
For a full list of Fine Arts Faculty, Click Here.