Partnerships & Credit Transfer


An articulation agreement makes it easier for students to transfer classes from one college to another in order to complete a bachelor's degree. This formal agreement between the colleges ensures that the coursework students have completed will transfer to Culver-Stockton.

Through partners in education, transfer students that become accepted to Culver-Stockton will receive a card to gain free admission to athletic events and to Academic & Cultural (ACE) Events. Apply for Free online.


To verify course equivalencies please select from files below.

Articulation agreements, (pdf):

Carl Sandburg College
John Wood Community College
Moberly Area Community College
Southeastern Community College
St. Charles Community College 

2+2 Programs from John Wood Community College, (pdf):

Bachelor of Science degree in accounting
Bachelor of Science degree in business administration
Bachelor of Science degree in education
Bachelor of Science degree in finance

Academic course credit earned at regionally accredited institutions prior to enrollment at Culver-Stockton College (or earned in summer sessions) will be accepted if the work is relevant to the Culver-Stockton curriculum and does not repeat a course taken at Culver-Stockton. All coursework completed prior to enrollment at Culver-Stockton is evaluated by the registrar’s office in consultation with the academic departments to determine equivalency. Grades from the transfer institution do not become a part of the Culver-Stockton academic record, only the transfer credit.

Credits may be transferred if the grade is a C or higher and must apply toward the particular track of study the student has chosen to pursue. Credit will be accepted in transfer for grades of a D or higher if an Associate Degree of Arts or Associate Degree of Science has been completed. Students with a completed Associates of Arts (AA), Associates of Sciences (AS), or Associates of Arts for Transfer (AAT) will satisfy the Common Experience/General Education course requirements with the exception of a required religion, physical education, and diverse populations course, which can all be found in our academic catalog.

All candidates for a degree from Culver-Stockton must earn at least 60 hours from a four-year college or institution. All candidates for a degree must earn at least 40 semester hours in upper-division courses (300-or-400 level courses) and at least 12 hours of upper-division courses in their major field. Thirty of the last 45 semester hours must be earned in residence at Culver-Stockton (with the possible exception of students transferring in the last year from an accredited professional school, e.g. clinical laboratory science, occupational therapy, etc.)

Transfer of credit is accepted for Advanced Placement, CLEP, dual credit coursework and Regents Tests with official score reports and transcripts. Advance approval is strongly recommended for courses transferred in after enrollment at Culver-Stockton.